psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Corrupted experiment in 3.05 through setting a stimulus to update during a static period (e.g. ISI) and then deleting it/renaming component

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10):
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 3.05
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?: Recover corrupted experiment

** I posted this issue yesterday but figured i should repost it in a new post as it pertains to a bug in 3.05 (at least I think so–I could be wrong). I am prepared to recreate this experiment but I think it is important to note this bug as I plan to include additional static periods as I develop this experiment and I want to try to avoid this issue in the future. Thank you so much

I am running into this same bug with version 3.05 (Mac 10.13.6). Further, when I open my experiment, no flow appears in the builder. When I try to run the experiment anyways, it does not result in an error either-it just exits out of the experiment before it can start and returns me back to the builder. I know it has to do with the fact that I renamed ISI and sound components. Therefore, I have been looking really closely through the file in a Text Editor to see if there is a mismatch among component names. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything that is misnamed (I may have not seen something). The only thing I see is that the “flow” segment of the code is missing in the text editor file. It does not show any information pertaining to the flow of the experiment.

I have attached a screenshot of the builder without the flow diagram and have uploaded my experiment (the experiment is a second version as i have already created a copy in accordance with your suggestion above). I really appreciate your help!

TestP3B1MR_v2.psyexp (27.6 KB)

hi all. i wanted to check in today to see if anyone had any thoughts about this post. i recreated this experiment (and created a back-up) but have yet to include the ISI components because i do not want it to get corrupted. Thank you so much!