Combining experiments of different types

Hi @jon (any anyone else who may know),

I’m wondering if there’s a way to combine multiple experiments once they’re uploaded to GItlab/Pavlovia. What I’m looking to do is basically what this post is talking about.

Participants will need to complete “experiment 1”, which was created on jspsych, and then immediately be directed to/complete “experiment 2”, which was created in PsychoPy’s builder. The problem with this is that “experiment 1” manipulates “experiment 2”, such that the stimuli participants see in “experiment 2” is based on their screen resolution and distance from the screen, which is captured in “experiment 1”.

I don’t know if there’s a (relatively simple) way to edit the js file created by PsychoPy to incorporate the first part, or if the js file created by PsychoPy can be added to the first part (I don’t know if the 2 js files are compatible since they’re created by 2 different programs).

If that’s not possible, is there a way to go from “experiment 1” directly into “experiment 2” where the settings will carry over? I’m thinking something similar to a component view; it runs as 1 experiment with multiple parts, where you just have to define the parts.

My programming knowledge is very limited, so I don’t know what the possibilities/limitations are here.

Thanks for the help!
Elisabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

I doubt combining JS files will be easy. Have you seen this thread?

I will be using a license, so credits won’t be of concern. I could possibly do it that way, as long as the information passes correctly. I may have to split up my actual experiment so participants can essentially be re-calibrated between blocks, so it may get a little messy, but if it works it works.

You can definitely pass information from expInfo (e.g. participant ID). I’ve not yet tested whether you can pass information gathered or calculated within the experiment.

However, in theory it should be possible to redirect the URL based on Jon’s post here: CompletedURL / IncompleteURL

Please let us know how you get on with this if you test it.

I’ll see what I can do in this regard. It probably won’t be speedy, but I’ll let you know if/when I have a possible answer.