Change/credits?

Hello!

My psychopy file is not letting me sync changes, trying to make me (re)create the project. I already have credits assigned to the project, and have put it back into pilot mode.

I tried making changes into the code on github, but none of it comes up in the online experiment. Is there a way to remedy this, or if I recreate the project with the exact same name, will the credits still be on the project or will they just disappear? I also have another person added to the project, will I have to re-add them if I recreate the project?

Hi There,

It sounds like there might be a few things going on here, so let me make suggestions for each!

"My psychopy file is not letting me sync changes, trying to make me (re)create the project. "

This doesn’t sound like an issue with your project not having credits, but sounds like your psychopy files have somehow become “disconnected” from their git history. Some things to try

1. Are you logged into the correct Pavlovia account in your psychopy?
  2. Have your PsychoPy files been moved from the location where you originally synced to pavlovia.

If you look at the location where your psyexp is saved, and “view > hidden files” you should see a .git file in the same location as the psyexp. Like this…

“I tried making changes into the code on github, but none of it comes up in the online experiment. Is there a way to remedy this, or if I recreate the project with the exact same name, will the credits still be on the project or will they just disappear”

We realy do not recommend making change on the github, I understand why you did this if you had trouble syncing from PsychoPy - but I would suggest we try and fix the “recreate” issue and if possible you avoid making changes to the gitlab files directly. (In general though, if changes are not being reflected, it means you need to clear your browser cache) .

“I also have another person added to the project, will I have to re-add them if I recreate the project?”

If you make a new project - yes, you will need to re add them to the project.

Becca

Hello Becca!

I do still have the git folder in the same location, nothing relevant to the folder has been changed since I put the study online. I also cleared my browser cache but that did not make any of my github changes appear when running the experiment online… any ideas? Thanks!

Hi There,

Are you certain that you are logged in to the correct pavlovia account within psychopy itself?

Thanks,
Becca