psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Bug when changing from 3.0.5 to 3.0.4

Hi,

I built tasks using version 3.0.5 that were running smoothly, but I recently learned that I would have to run them on version 3.0.4 at the MRI unit I’ll be collecting data from.

When I run my tasks using 3.0.4, they don’t respond to key presses anymore (allowed keys are the same: ‘1’, ‘2’, ‘3’) after the first routine.

I’m on OS 10.14.3 (18D109) and I’m testing on the same computer.

Do you have any clue as to what are the differences between .4 and .5 that could cause this bug?

The error message is the following:

Running: / Users / genevieve / Google Drive / 1-Postdoc / methods / perimeter task / task versions / fMRI / warning / warningintervention_lastrun.py
pyo version 0.8.8 (uses single precision)
1.7343 WARNING sounddevice audio was not requested but not loaded: sounddevice not working
46.1247 WARNING User requested fullscreen with size [1280,800], but screen is actually [1920, 1080]. Using actual size
2019-03-18 10: 59: 47.707 python [931: 51878] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to (null)

Thanks a lot!
Geneviève

areainstructions.psyexp (55.9 KB)

I cannot see any problems with your error outputs, none relate to issues with keyboard events. I compiled the script in version 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 and cannot see any differences in how your code works.

If you could provide a minimal working example of the problem, we can be of more help. Unfortunately, I cannot run your psyexp file because I do not have the stimuli necessary to run it properly. Only thing that popped out was the onset timing of your keyboard is delayed by 11 seconds or so. Keyboard will not work until the keyboard timing as begun.

Hi,

Please find attached a minimal experiment with the first two routines. The bug happens on the second routine. I removed the audio files since this forum doesn’t allow to attach .aiff files. Without them, the task runs smoothly. Could that be a hint as to what is bugging?

areainstrtest.psyexp (52.4 KB)

The delay is intentional as I don’t want participants to be able to respond before the audio instructions are over. I changed it to 2 s just to speed up the troubleshooting.

Thanks so much!
Geneviève