Bug Report: Double clicking on a project when PyschoPy is not running yet - loads a blank project

OS (e.g. Win10): OSX 13.3.1
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.2.5
Standard Standalone? (y/n) y
What are you trying to achieve?: Load an existing project.

What did you try to make it work?: Double click on the ‘.psyexp’ file - WHILE PSYCHOPY IS NOT RUNNING.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: Pyschopy will launch, but then give me a blank project. The project that I double clicked on is not loaded.

I originally thought this might have been the results of me running old Pyschopy code (I was using an older mac up until recently). But now I have a brand new m1 Mac, am running reasonably recent PyschoPy code and this problem is still here. This problem is and has been 100% consistent and present on my system. I have NEVER been able to double click to load a project (while pyschoPy is not running) without this happening.

I attempted to attach a screen recording of the bug to this report (as suggested by Sue Linn) but the filesize limit for attachments appears to be 8Mb. So here’s a link to a video fo the recipe for this bug. I will remove this in a few days I guess.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SJ3CRaOgaHJumABSa0HokvvRt8Zu-k2u/view?usp=share_link

Thanks,

D.

1 Like