TypeError:TypeError: decoding Unicode is not supported

Thanks, Michael. I’ve attached another screenshot with the full error message, but also pasting it below. I’ll using lexical decision task . Participants need to press button to indicate one of two choices - whether they see a word or non-word. This is randomised between the blocks and within the blocks. A word/non-word is preceded by a fixation cross and a blank inter-trial. When I tried to run it now, it actually runs until the fixation and then doesn’t load a word with the following message. Exactly the same program runs on another mac and a PC, but I need to use this PC for stimulus presentation in an EEG study.

Running: C:\Users\NCIL User\Desktop\alena exp\from mac\Kid_LDT_ERP_V2_lastrun.py 
pyo version 0.8.0 (uses single precision)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\NCIL User\Desktop\alena exp\from mac\Kid_LDT_ERP_V2_lastrun.py", line 343, in <module>
    target.setText(word)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy-1.84.2-py2.7.egg\psychopy\visual\text.py", line 285, in setText
    setAttribute(self, 'text', text, log)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy-1.84.2-py2.7.egg\psychopy\tools\attributetools.py", line 137, in setAttribute
    setattr(self, attrib, value)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy-1.84.2-py2.7.egg\psychopy\tools\attributetools.py", line 27, in __set__
    newValue = self.func(obj, value)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy-1.84.2-py2.7.egg\psychopy\visual\text.py", line 274, in text
    self.__dict__['text'] = unicode(text,"utf-8")
TypeError: decoding Unicode is not supported