Touchscreen - Registering Mouse Clicks

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 1.84.2
Standard Standalone? Yes

I am running an experiment in a 2-in-1 windows 10 laptop that separates and becomes a tablet. I am wanting my participants to complete the experiment on the tablet. However, while my experiment runs fine using a normal mouse, when in tablet mode PsychoPy does not seem to respond as expected to screen presses as mouse clicks. The only way it seems to recognise presses is if I press down and swipe slightly. This causes problems for: (1) Moving from instructions to the presentation of stimuli and is particularly awkward for (2) trying to complete rating scale responses.

I have read similar discussion threads related to this topic - and the issues they describe seem to be very similar:

Windows7 use of touchscreen monitor as mouse - unexpected behavior.

Creating Clickable Buttons on Windows Surface (Touchscreen).

However, the solutions in those threads mainly focus on ‘buttons’ and do not really talk about how to apply this more generally or to the rating scale response. Also I am relatively new to psychopy - and completely new to any form of python coding - so have so far only created simple experiments using builder. So - while it might be a simple extension of the solutions in the above threads - I would really appreciate any more step-by-step (or newbie proof) guidance.

Sometimes I find solutions in the now deprecated psychopy google group. Perhaps check the solution provide by Lily:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/psychopy-users/uJcJb73H630

I have the same problem. Have you solved the issue?

Unfortunately never did no. I know there’s been a new version of Psychopy but not tested to see if issue still exists (imagine it does). In the end I swapped and used another program (Opensesame) which did what I needed and worked fine on a touchscreen 2-in-1 computer.

Does this thread help?

Bump!
Has anyone been able to get single touches working as mouse clicks?

Did you try the solution given in the thread given above?

Thank you! I’ll give it a try!

No luck! The code you suggest works on psychopy desktop, and works reportedly on windows 10 with a touchscreen, but not on my iPhone. Finger taps do nothing.

I’m opening a github issue.