Another dratted psychopy won't start thread

Hi,

Has anyone got any tips on how to solve this? I recently installed 1.85.2 (standalone) and got psychopy to start with no problems. Coming back to the machine today I get the splash screen and an icon for the PsychoPy2 Coder (IDE), but no window - it’s like it has started off screen.

If I start PsychoPy from the command line (C:\Users\fmri>“C:\Program Files\PsychoPy2\python.exe” “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy2\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\psychopyApp.py”)

I get the same result (and no error messages).

Is it starting off screen? How can I fix this?

Best wishes,

Jon

Seek and you shall find. I hate windows:

Cheers, Jon

This has happened to a few (like a dozen) of my local Psychopy users recently - the GUI window (builder or coder) is starting “off-screen” … we used the following workaround to get the screen to return to “screen 0” - from https://www.technipages.com/bring-off-screen-window-back-onto-screen.

Launch psychopy as usual, then:

In Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista, hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the item in the taskbar, then select “Move“. In Windows XP, right-click the item in the task-bar and select “Move“. Now use your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back onto the screen.

Not that on a few occasions the psychopy window has appeared as a “minimised GUI” - almost like a tiny menu bar / dock - just expand this to reveal the gui window.